Sunday 16 October 2016

Feeling jaded?

And now for something a little different – my new sari silk and jade necklace. 

I call it Jade Garden




The beautiful sari silk comes from India, where it is produced by women's co-operatives and sold through a fair trade supplier. The sari silk is hand-dyed and made from the offcuts of leftover sari silk fabric and is truly georgous.

I am increasingly trying to use fair trade and other ethical suppliers in my products, and some of the materials I use are:

Sari silk from India, leather cord, hemp and beads from Peru, Ceramic focals from Africa.

Also included in my necklace above are pretty yellow jade beads and jade heart pendant. If you like jade, you might be amazed by the massive size of the jade piece just found in Mynmar (Burma).

The stone is 4.3m (14ft) high and 5.8m (19ft) long, and is reportedly worth an estimated $170m (£140m). See the report here.



Christmas countdown:

68 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment